Sunday 11 October 2009

TOP 10 VAMPIRES STAYING UP ALL NIGHT

During last night's call-in discussions on Radio Five' Live's (or should that be Radio Five Undead's?) Up All Night, I sat formulating my own top-ten vampire movies. You can hear the programme, for the next week at least, at BBC IPlayer here. The film segment begins about 1:35 in, and runs for 90 minutes.

With the proviso that I was up all night--which reminded me of how much fun it was to be ten years old and babysitting my siblings, which meant I could try and stay awake through Chiller Theatre on TV-- and have now had only a few hours sleep (not in my soil from my native land) here's the top 10 I was jotting down as callers told Dotun, Adam and me their own favourites:

1. Cronos
2. Dracula (1931)
3. Nosferatu (1922)
4. Dracula: Pages From A Virgin's Diary
5. Shadow Of A Vampire
6. Thirst
7. Let The Right One In
8. Rabid
9. Abbott & Costello Meet Frankenstein
10. Near Dark, or
Addiction, or 30 Days Of Night, or Capt. Kronos Vampire Hunter, or Salem's Lot (TV 1979) or Dracula's Daughter (1936), or Irma Vep or John Carpenter's Vampires

No comments :