Tuesday 31 December 2019

HAPPY NEW YEAR FROM IRRESISTIBLE TARGETS

You may have noticed a certain bit of radio silence from IT in the past two months. I have
been considering how to move forward in the New Year, and do more writing which can
help me earn a living, which IT patently does not, nor do many of the pieces which appear
elsewhere gratis on my part. I'm not sure I want to reduce this to being simply a notice
board for work published elsewhere; I'm also not convinced it's worth the effort of having
a review/essay site for its own sake; it reminds me too much of fanzine writing when I was
much much younger. I enjoy it, obviously, but I am perhaps unsuited to monetizing social
media.

I haven't reached any conclusions yet, but my idea is to transfer the archive of IT into a
website. My work on Medium(including the estimable Arc Digital site) and Patreon has not
attracted as much notice as I might have expected -- the difference between being involved and
committed perhaps.

In the meantime, I wish you all a very Happy New Year: what more can we hope for?

No comments :