Monday 23 February 2009

LONDON FILM FESTIVAL 2008: CELLULOID CRIME

In the wake of Melissa Leo's not unexpected but surely unjustified loss of a best-actress Oscar for her performance in Frozen River, my round-up of crime movies from the 2008 London Film Festival has been posted at Crime Time, here. As well as Frozen River, my favourite of the films I saw, crime or otherwise, last November, I also consider the Danish resistence drama Flame and Citron, which was recently on UK release, an Italian adaptation of the crime novel The Past Is A Foreign Country, the surprising Kala (The Secret) from Indonesia's Joko Anwar, Michael Winterbottom's Genova (surely the first film to include product placement for Ryan Air) which should be on release soon, and the Baader-Meinhof Complex, which I discussed in greater detail on Irresistible Targets when it was released last November (you can find that here).

No comments :