Monday 29 October 2018

RAGNAR JONASSON, THE SHOTS INTERVIEW: I'M BLESSED WITH HAVING THIS STRANGE COUNTRY TO WORK WITH

I interviewed the Icelandic crime writer Ragnar Jonasson in Rekyjavik not so long ago: the interview is up at the online UK crime fiction mag, Shots. The interview coincides with the launch of his novel The Darkness in paperback; I reviewed the original launch of the hardback here, back in March. It is a stunningly original deconstruction of a crime novel, probably the best I've read this year. I was very surprised to learn that it is the first of a three-book series; his rather more old-fashioned 'Dark Iceland' mysteries had not prepared me for The Darkness, and the idea that he could work backwards with the character is an equally original idea. You can link to the interview here.

No comments :